Auditioning at Footlite
Join the fun by auditioning for a show at Footlite Musicals. Our auditions are open to all members of the community, and Encore Association-eligible shows are never pre-cast. Footlite is an 100% volunteer community theatre. Our actors, designers, crew and orchestra are not paid. The audition process is different for each show, so please look for the contact listed if you have questions about a particular production.
Into The Woods
Directed by Kathleen Clarke Horrigan
Date and Time
Saturday, May 12, 2018: 1:30pm-4:3opm
Sunday, May 13, 2018: 6:30pm-10pm
Callbacks: Tuesday, May 15: 7pm
Hedback Theatre, home of Footlite Musicals. 1847 North Alabama St., Indianapolis, IN 46202
June 29-30, July 1; July 5-8; 12-15, 2018
Curtain times – 7:30 Thursday-Sat., 2:30 on Sunday
- FOOTLITE MUSICALS announces open auditions for INTO THE WOODS, the Young Adult production for the 2018-2019 season. The staff is seeking an ethnically diverse cast of young adults between the ages of 18 to 25. You must be at least a 2018 spring graduating high school senior to audition.
- Please plan to arrive by the audition start time. If you have a conflict with the audition times, please contact the producer or director ASAP to arrange an audition.
- Please come to the audition dressed to impress, and be prepared with a verse and a chorus from a Broadway musical other than INTO THE WOODS. An accompanist will be provided; please bring sheet music in the correct key. You may be asked to read from the script.
- To learn more about Footlite, visit us at www.footlite.org. To learn more about this show, “Like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Footlite. Footlite is an all-volunteer, non-Equity community theatre.
Questions? Contact director Kathleen Clarke Horrigan at email@example.com or producer Amy Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Show
James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim take everyone’s favorite storybook characters and bring them together for a timeless, yet relevant, piece… and a rare modern classic. The Tony Award-winning book and score are both enchanting and touching.
The story follows a Baker and his wife, who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wishes to attend the King’s Festival; and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife learn that they cannot have a child because of a Witch’s curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse. Everyone’s wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later with disastrous results.
One of Sondheim’s most popular works, INTO THE WOODS is a musically sophisticated show with the opportunity to feature actors adept at dark comedy. Designers will especially enjoy highlighting the fantastical elements of this magical word.
- Will br provided at audition.